The harvest of a great variety of biologically active principles from numerous botanical species is carried out through the tireless and complex foraging of bees. We want to disclose the incredible nutraceutical and medicinal value of Beehive products because, just as they make the life of the Beehive possible, they contribute to safeguarding Man.
Health and wellness
Apitherapy is a centuries-old
Beehive products show such a multiplicity of organic effects that it is almost a waste to limit them to restricted medical applications: which is why we work to educate and inform our consumers.
The oldest doctors in the history of Humanity have handed down knowledge about the use of Beehive Products throughout the world; many of their potentials was confirmed by Modern Science through in vitro and in vivo analysis, but the exploration continues.
Our first goal is to safeguard the Italian bee (Apis mellifera ligustica). We have been using a certified organic farming system since 2016, which allows bees a life without synthetic chemicals and without productive stress thereby limiting their movements to a minimum.
The art of being a Beekeeper is not just a business address for us but a moral duty. It is our duty to offer genuinely authentic products: real honey, not syrup; natural pollen, not GMO; beneficial products, not carriers of pesticides and other contaminants. Beehive Products are a gift from Nature: let's make sure their value is preserved.
The importance of
the Western honey bee
We also select mountain pasture land between 790 and 1200 meters for our bees: not anthropized, uncontaminated and rich in biodiversity ... after all, a healthy and ideal environment for bees also means the guarantee of a safe and effective product for the consumer.
According to FAO estimates, over 75% of the world's food crops depend on insect pollination for yield and quality: without bees we would no longer have coffee, apples, almonds, tomatoes, cocoa... and there would be much more hunger in the world. Biodiversity and with it the survival of the human race itself depend on these tireless workers.
A project realized with
the contribution of Fondazione Cariverona
#Beestrong is a project for empowering, socially and professionally integrating people with disabilities in the field of beekeeping. This project concerns the development by the "Castelvecchio Soc. cop. A r.l." cooperative of a new and strategic productive and economic sector that give nourishment and vitality
to the activities and social aims that it carries out in favouring the employment increase of underpriviledged people through the diversification of activities carried out. Specifically we want to enter the pharmaceutical, parapharmaceutical and herbalist market through the production of fresh beehive products whose properties are known".
What we have done
A small counter freezer of reduced dimensions (h 45 cm, w 20 cm, l 30 cm) that can hold 12 pcs per type of fresh product (total 48 pcs on 4 shelves) was created. The refrigerator will then be given on loan for use to pharmacies, parapharmacies and herbalist shops to be installed directly on the counters enabling a preferential showcase of these products.
The project therefore pursues 3 specific purposes interconnected and dependent on one other:
· socio-occupational empowerment/ increase
· promotion of the individual's well-being and health
The project is aimed at different categories and levels of beneficiaries:
· People with disabilities: disabled people currently employed by the cooperative and newly hired who will have the opportunity to acquire new skills, expand their employment opportunities as well as social and work integration through this project.
· High school students will have the opportunity to get to know the world of beekeeping and agriculture in general for possible future job opportunities. They will also get to know the social world and the role of cooperation. They will work alongside disabled workers and this will trigger natural and positive relationships.
· Consumers: All those who purchase and consume beehive products will benefit in health and psycho-physical level thanks to the high nutritional, conservative and curative qualities described above.
· Strengthen and increase the employment level and social integration of disabled workers. The diversification of the productive activity is fundamental for the cooperative's economic stability and consequently the maintenance of employment of disabled employees. A diversification of production opens up new commercial contexts capable of promoting social and job integration and freeing up resources for new hiring.
· Provide and develop new and specific job skills around the figure of the beekeeper. The new production activity will involve the support of the Azienda Agricola Giorgio Poeta staff who will provide the necessary skills to train the cooperative's staff on products and harvesting techniques. disabled staff will then acquire a know-how that will enrich their skills and curriculum and that can also be spent in contexts other than social cooperation - Promoting organic products related to social honey and its beneficial properties. This promotion and knowledge will help to: - develop a production and marketing chain capable of supporting the cooperative's economic activity, creating awareness of the opportunities linked to the social and organic world, giving value and dignity to the work of disabled people - Connect young people and traders with the world of social media by promoting a paradigm shift from disabled = assistance = resource.
· Develop economic collaborations between profit and non-profit organisations. The project is a concrete example of collaboration between profit (farm, tec pharmacies) and non-profit (social cooperation) organisations in a view to develop new virtuous work paths capable of bringing the various subjects of the social-economic panorama together: public (social services) non-profit (social coop ) and profit (companies) organisations.